Saturday, June 28, 2008

Freaks & Geeks, It's Not

It takes a promo and maybe 15 minutes for me to see all I need to see of Swingtown. Of all the retro shows, it is so classily done. Not just an homage or a comedic review, Swingtown hits its zeitgeist spot on because its home network caters almost exclusively to that demographic: 50 year old and up middle-Americans. I love how the show I love the most on the network I connect with the least is about a show about loving, being open; liberals. I love the shows the network promotes during the break: Flashpoint, a drama showcasing a city's law enforcement "heroes" -- it's SWAT team/snipers. The other show, Eleventh Hour is a horror (terror) scifi mash-up.

All of the shows CBS wants you to watch late at night are the shows that par on other networks. Whatever CBS, you're not fooling anybody. Act your age.

No comments:

Let's do this.

Let's do this.
Exactly. Thanks, Elaine.