Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm Tired

It's hard to convey fact without emotion. Every person is biased, beginning with what they choose to speak about. Speaking is an action dictated by choice, and those choices act as natural filters for the things that don't interest us.

I want you to know that I've been very productive, that nearly all of my energy in the past two days have had decided, positive results. I have managed; I have been present, delegating, handling, and greasing the gears of my shop.

I want you to know that it's taken its toll. I want you to know that I want you to know--so you'll know. So you'll put my sluggishness that is present now, into context. That its not lethargy or indifference. So you understand.

But I understand that there's a part of me that's looking for a valid excuse to be unproductive, at least for part of the time. Perhaps to gain a little sympathy. That's why I'm telling you. Maybe I'm looking to earn brownie points. Maybe you'll think better of me and give me the benefit of the doubt when I'm acting in a fashion that's not exceptional.

Or maybe you'll just let me sleep already.

No comments:

Let's do this.

Let's do this.
Exactly. Thanks, Elaine.