Tuesday, October 14, 2008

These Don't All Have to be Tearjerkers -- or references to This American Life

Been taking a lot of Helga-style pictures with my phone. I'm not a photographer, but if mood's all that matters, and if photography could be likened to coffee, then I've been brewing some really good freeze-dried shots.

I've been dying to get a long idea out, but all I can muster are observations: my last three girlfriends came from broken homes. The last two have parents who came out. All my girlfriends think I'm a sweetheart at best and at worst am downright mean. My biggest motivation for getting through the early parts of my relationships has always been physical desire, but mellows out into love. Conversely, I'm usually very attracted to my female strictly-friends friends, but never pursued anything more because I feared losing their friendship. I didn't have that fear when I went for the gold with my as-yet-unrealized girlfriends, and I wonder if that stems from bravery or a lack of respect.

I mentioned to my mom that I have a girlfriend. I not only praised her, but really felt that she was worth praising. It was a first for me. Have been receiving a lot of praise from customers on bar. Not directly, but very audible remarks to each other like, "What did I tell ya? 'The Man's" on bar." Frou frou drinks morph into serious drinks and I'm treated like the veteran in the pro shop and not just a shot jock.

Here's a good place to stop.

No comments:

Let's do this.

Let's do this.
Exactly. Thanks, Elaine.